Saturday, October 15, 2011

[beauty shipment] agnes b.

Today a small parcel with several thing I ordered at agnes b. arrived. (I didn't expect it today, because they hadn't sent and shipment info yet...)
So that was it:

And I'll be testing that stuff in the coming days. Not that I had actually time for things like this, but some procrastination... ;-)
First impression: The quality of agnes b. is really sinking... I must say I'm kind of dissappointed already. I hadn't ordered in quite a while and I'm not sure I will again.
So far I already tried out the light foundation, which supposedly should magically match my skin tone. Erm, well, no, it doesn't at all, mainly because my skin is not the tone of a very ripe orange. So I will send this one back.
I also considered sending back the shower gel, because it doesn't really smell like mint, as it's supposed to, but then I started to like the scent of it, so I'll be keeping it. And a soapfree shower gel is always something good.
The packaging of the eyeshadows has a really cheap feel to it. And the eyeshadows, too, look not as high quality as the last ones I ordered. (The last ones I had - and loved! - were "Made in Spain", these are "Made in Italy", so there definitely is a difference). I will try them out before I say more, though. It would be a shame if they weren't as good anymore. I really, really loved the old ones.

Oh, and the "gifts". I wish they wouldn't have sent these... honestly... a pen that looks like a lipstick? (What am I? Five? - lol, that just made me think of MI5... must watch these again!) And a really ugly and poorest quality double sided mirror... all made in China of course, which makes it even more tragic. Then there was an "XXL" cosmetics bag (which is okay and I might even use it to store stuff, but to call it XXL is just wrong, and all in all I would not have needed it), and then make up brushes, which are also okay, but still not as good as the cheap ones from the drug store.
So really, why sending that stuff? If you want to send a "gift", pick one minor of your own cosmetic or make up products and send that, don't send all this useless stuff. I'll be returning at least the mirror and the lipstick pen with the stuff I'll be sending back...

No comments:

Post a Comment